Mr Croft's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomb Raider Idol of Destiny

Go down

Tomb Raider Idol of Destiny Empty Tomb Raider Idol of Destiny

Post by Tomb-Dude Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 pm

No more teaser starting off with the real thing now. Going to start where the teaser began so for new comers they wont be confused But yeah comment in the Idol of Destiny Fan Fic Comments Thread i'm going to make after this. And enjoy but don't expect updates to often as i have college to be worrying about Wink

Tomb Raider
Idol Of Destiny

It has been four months since I found out the truth about my parents, and my manor been destroyed. Zip is still grieving over Alistair’s death. Been beneath the ashes of my manor found many more mysteries which my father hide from me, but this chapter of this book has closed and there has been no news anything new. This is my life Lara Croft, writing in my journal, in my other manor which is not home…

Closing her journal she looked up at the door as Winston stepped through “My lady?’ he questioned as he stepped through and stared at Lara sitting by the window. She put on a little smile “Yes Winston?” She said as she placed her journal on the small table and slowly standing to her feet. Winston looked at Lara, she looked drained, bored her eyes had black bags this was not the Lara he knew. “Is there anything you need?”
Lara looked at him and then slowly turned to face the window, the view was not the same it bored her. Yes being in the middle of nowhere was nice and quiet but it was not her home “Only things I can think of Winston is a clear mind, my old house and a way to restart my life!” Winston stepped back through the door and slowly closed it behind him.
Lara’s eyes began to fill up with tears, after these passed through months Lara’s life had become stressful and she was becoming an emotional wreck, Winston began to fear for her mental health and her own safety. She was no longer the Lara she had been just a few months ago.

Lara slouched back into her chair by the window, she felt empty inside. It was just getting into spring she knew she should be outside enjoying the weather as it started to get better but she had no motivation to do anything like that. She wore slacks clothing that didn’t suit her anymore, something you would wear someone like Lara to wear.
Putting her hands to her face she let out a sigh, four months and she still grieved, Natla had one and truly ruined her life this time. Looking to her journal she basically wrote her whole life in that recently, it was the thing that kept her sane. She smiled as she looked at it. She sat up off the chair she had to go and check on Zip and see how he was doing today. Walking towards the bedroom door she slowly opened it before stepping through into another hall, the layout was similar to her other home but this one Zips tech room wasn’t in the main foyer. Opening the door to the main foyer she looked over the concrete banister and looked around, she sighed whilst looking at it, no fire place in the middle of the room anymore, it was a smaller and there was no picture of her parents. Looking around again she saw Winston looking up at her, he gave her a quick smile before heading off through a door which led to the library. It took Lara getting use to where everything was again but it wouldn’t be long before she remembered everything.
Heading down the upper corridor there was another room on her left hand side on the same wall as her bedroom. As she opened it there was no corridor leading to a room but she was straight away inside zip’s new tech room. Zip had started listening to loud, deafening music - If you could call it music, Lara squinted as the sound of screaming down the microphone hit her ears “Zip, turn it down!” Lara shouted but Zip continued on his work. Walking over the his computers Lara searched for the computer which was playing the music and paused it, “Zip you have got to stop listening to that.”
Zip stopped what he was doing and spun his chair round and faced her, “Why Lara? Why should I listen to you?”
“Zip, please not now, not today of all days”
“Why because your still going through your nervous wreck situation, can’t handle a little stress?”
Lara slapped Zip around his face “It’s the anniversary date of my Fathers death!” She shouted at him, Lara went to hit him again but stopped her self.
Zip’s face changed, “I’m…Sorry.” Lara turned around and took a deep breathe.
“I got a phone call from Anaya earlier about a site where her and her team are. She thought it would be good if you went. Might take a load off your mind?”
Lara didn’t turn around “What seriously makes you think I want to continue doing that again?”
“Lara, even you can’t deny how happy you are raiding those tomb’s having that experience no one else can enjoy?’
Lara started to smile “That old, musky smell of the tomb’s those broken off parts of old statues and ones which are still in perfect condition. That feel off pure water which is running through machinery we only dream of these days.” Lara let out a satisfied sigh
“I’ll do it, but on one condition”
“What’s that?”
“If I take the headset, you don’t blabber on and ruin the moments for me, OK?”
Zip laughed slightly “You have my word, now go and get out of those scruffy clothes and put on something decent. Don’t want the outside world to see your like this do you?”
Lara laughed “True but you still haven’t told me where Anaya is?”
Zip pulled out a piece of paper with co ordinates “One of your favourite continents.”
Lara looked at the piece of paper and again another smile on her face “Africa, perfect!”
For once in 4 months Lara finally felt good about her self, she had a goal to achieve now. Something what she use to do was raid the tomb’s for a sport and for her own fun.
Tomb-Dude
Tomb-Dude
Gamer

Male Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider Idol of Destiny Empty Re: Tomb Raider Idol of Destiny

Post by Tomb-Dude Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 am

After leaving zips room she went back into her bedroom and opened her wardrobe. Clothes upon clothes, upon clothes, she looked at the clothes the clothes that she had just wore on her latest adventure hung up. As she stared at them flash backs of her mother and Natla came in to her head, shaking her head she grabbed the clothes and threw them on the floor. The one she wanted to wear was something similar to what she wore when she travelled to the south pacific, she pulled out a short top with didn’t expose too much and some shorts which will be suitable for the environment. After putting the clothes on her bed, she looked at them and smiled before she headed off to the shower.
As she stepped out of the shower Lara grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body, whipping the condensation away from the mirror she looked and stared at herself. She felt clean again, her hair slightly curled because of the water. She looked into the mirror more, she still didn’t look well. Depressed, was what she still looked like, even though her parents had been gone for years, knowing the truth was harder then she thought. Closing her eyes she slowly opened them again but as she looked half of her face was just like her mothers, half thrall. She let out a scream, something she hated doing. She grabbed the mirror off the wall and smashed it onto the floor and let out an angry scream before falling onto the broken mirror. She clenched her fists tight, ‘Come on Lara focus and get a grip!’ She said to herself before pushing off the floor. She looked at her hand covered in blood by the mirror. Walking into the main part of her bedroom she grabbed her dressing gown and put it over her body as she let go of the towel. Lara made her way over to the main foyer, “Winston!” Lara shouted, within seconds a door downstairs opened “Yes La...” He didn’t even need to finish Lara held up her hand, it was covered in blood by now. “Oh Lara...” She said softly to his self. Making his way up to her he held her arm.
“What did you do?”
“Smashed a mirror” Lara replied
“You smashed a mirror with your hand?”
Lara smiled “No, I fell onto the mirror”
Winston looked at Lara; she wasn’t in the right frame of mind. “I’m just going to clean up the blood, check for any glass and then wrap it up before you leave ok Lara?
Lara nodded and gave a quick smile.

It wasn’t long before Winston had patched Lara and her hand up. Winston looked at her “Lara, please be careful. You’re the only thing in my life that means something to me. If you die or if you go deeper into depression, then I won’t know what to do.”
Lara smiled again “Thank you Winston, I’m sorry. I have a feeling going to Africa will do be good, get out of here and somewhere different.”
Winston stared at her and gave a small grin “Sure hope it does”
Lara gave a nod before heading back into her bedroom. Putting on the clothes she had laid out on the bed, she felt different again. Almost like the Lara she likes being. Putting on her gun holsters around her belt. Opening her draw she pulled out her pistols, unloaded them took them apart to check them and then back together and loaded another clip. Holstering her guns she looked around, something was missing. Pistols, grapple, belt, boots... She smiled as she noticed the thing hanging on her wall, her backpack. Strapping that over she shoulders she also tightened the strap that went cross her chest. Grabbing a little mirror by the side of her bed she had to check one thing, how presentable she looked. Lara had put her hair into a ponytail and put on a tiny bit of make-up just to make she look good but not too much, this was one of the first days in ages she was actually going out somewhere. She let out a nervous sigh before moving to her bedroom door. Opening the door out of the bedroom she looked back and smiled before she closed the door behind her.
Tomb-Dude
Tomb-Dude
Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomb-Dude Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Part 3

It had been a few hours since Lara left the house, the fresh air hit the back of her throat instantly it almost made her choke with pleasure. It had been so long she smelt the air and tasted it’s beauty, too long. She was sat in a car which was taking her to the airport, Zip had ordered a private helicopter for Lara to take her to Africa to meet up with Anaya. The information she had was short and barely detailed enough to understand what was going on where Anaya was, a few pieces of paper explaining they have been looking for this Idol, found it’s where it’s supposed to be and found the temple. Lara was confused on why Anaya hadn’t sent in her team to explore the temple? Lara put the pieces of paper to the side of her and smiled as this gave her an excuse to do some searching either by her self or with the team.
“Lara, you there?” Came a noise from her ear.
“Zip, quiet I’m here safe, alive and resting.” A slight laugh came from the headset
“Resting… Again, that’s all you ever seem to do. Enough of that, Anaya says her team are going to wait for you before they enter the temple and when you get there she will give you more information about this Idol they have been tracking.”
“Thank you Zip, going to turn you off now. Will talk to you when I get to Africa.”
And with that Lara put her finger up to her ear and pressed the button on the side of the headset to switch it off.
Leaning forward she went to speak to the driver “How much longer before we get to the airport?”
The driver stopped and turned his head, “Ms Croft” he said pulling out a small pistol from his jacket “Your going to tell me everything you know about the Idol!” He said pointing the gun. Lara’s face changed, the driver was now pointing a gun straight at her and asking for information she had no idea about.
“I have no idea what…” Before Lara finished the man fire a bullet hitting the glass behind her. “Tell me now, we intercepted your emails from Anaya telling you of the location and the Idol it’s self. So don’t mess me around!”
Lara raised her head after the man finished “We?” she said as he fired another bullet. Crashing open the door she fell onto the road, the place where she was, was deserted. Laying on the floor Lara pulled out her guns and took a few breathes.
“No point in hiding Ms Croft, we are already on our way to Anaya’s little camp. If you do manage to get there don’t expect anyone to be there. Maybe a few bodies that’s about it.”
Lara went to stand up but as she did the bloke shot at the glass shattering it before her eyes, diving to her right down to the front of the car, Lara fired off a few bullets hitting the room of the car and the front window.
“Your aim seems to have got worse.” The man mocked
Standing back up Lara pointed her guns to where the voice came from but he wasn’t there, ducking back down against the car Lara reloaded her guns to make sure she had enough bullets.
“Who do you work for?”
The man laughed “Like I’m really going to say? You must be stupid”
Lara stood up and shot inside the car behind both front seats and within seconds he was rolling out of one of the sides and crawling behind the car.
“Lara you just actually managed to shoot my arm, well done! Your aim is improving!”
“You mock me, you attack me. You threaten my friends.”
The man smiled to his self, Lara voice drew closer.
“Lara, you getting angry with little me? Think of your mother being stuck in Helhiem, you father being killed by an Atlantian God, Natla”
The man turned his head and saw Lara standing the, shooting his shoulder he fell back dropping gun. Grabbing the opposite end of her gun she swung the gun hitting the guy around the hand with the gun knocking him to the floor.
“Come on then Ms Croft, kill me!”
Lara pointed her gun at the man, “For the things you have said, you should be dead. But how do you know about my family and what happened! Tell me!” She shouted grabbing his shirt and jacket pulling him up pushing him against the boot of the car. The man started to laugh again.
Swinging his head into Lara, Lara stepped a few steps backwards as she turned around the man grabbed his gun. “You want answers now but what about your friend Anaya, isn’t she important enough to save? Having her death as well as your families, and all the other problems like your manor blowing up. Having a best friend turn evil, your dig back in Peru and your friends being killing right before your eyes. We know you Lara, and you wait.” As he finished his sentence he pointed the gun to his head as he did Lara turned her head as he pulled the trigger.

Pushing the button on her head set she waited for Zip to answer.
“Lara, what’s wrong. There is no way you are in Africa now!”
Lara took a deep breath. “Contact Anaya, now. She may be under attack any minute.”
“Lara what do you mean?!”
“Zip, don’t answer back just contact Anaya now!”
“I’ll contact you when I get to the airport.”
Switching off the headset, she put her guns away and looked at the body. Who was this group or what ever they were? So many questions where going through her head right now. Looking back at the car, that was in no state to drive.
Going through her backpack she grabbed her phone and dialled the number for the private helicopter which was supposed to pick her up at the airport.
“Ms Croft, what can I do for you?”
“I need you to change where you are picking me up.”
“Where about are you?” He replied
“Look for the flare”
“Shall I tell Zip and Winston?”
“No, leave them. Rather not have contact for the moment.”
“Ok Ms Croft.’
Hanging up the phone, Lara started too feel different. Someone which she hasn’t felt like in ages. Pulling the headset away from her ear she looked at it, putting it in her backpack she smiled.
Tomb-Dude
Tomb-Dude
Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down